2019 Wounded Warriors run supports Canadian veterans
In just 7 days, a group of veterans braved the cold and ran a combined 600 kilometres on Vancouver Island.
Why? To help their fellow veterans. It’s as simple as that.
Wounded Warrior Run B.C. happens annually in February and sees a team of dedicated participants relay run from the northern tip of Vancouver Island to finish in the provincial capital in Victoria, B.C.
Wounded Warriors Canada was established in 2006 to provide support to all Canadian Armed Forces members wounded on operations and to improve welfare and morale of injured soldiers and their families. Today, the charity focuses on programs that support mental health among veterans.
All the money raised for Wounded Warriors Canada during the run is dedicated to veterans and programs on Vancouver Island. If you’d like to contribute, click here.
We are happy to help spread the word about such a cause near and dear to our hearts. It’s one of the ways we can support our veterans who risk their lives in service of our country. Here are some others:
- VAC Bridge Program: Veterans can place two orders per month, up to $1,000 each, while waiting for approval for coverage from Veterans Affairs Canada (certain restrictions apply).
- VAC Reimbursement: Once a veteran is approved for coverage, Patient Services specialists will help bill Veterans Affairs Canada directly, allowing you to fulfill your prescription without worrying about cost.
- Additional coverage: Veterans Affairs only covers dried cannabis and the equivalent amount in extracts of $8.50/gram. Tilray will cover the additional cost of flower and up to 5 bottles of cannabis oil per month to help our veterans with the expense of their prescriptions.
- Dedicated VAC specialists: If you need help navigating the VAC program, our 24/7 Patient Services team is available to help. Contact us at 1844-TILRAY1 (845-7291) or VACsupport@tilray.ca for assistance.
- To learn more about our veterans programs, click here.
We are proud to serve our veterans to thank them for their dedication to our safety and our country.