Resources for Health Care Practitioners
Initiating and managing therapy with medical cannabis doesn’t need to be complicated. We’ve created a list of references to help you get started.
Links / Downloads:
Using Medical Cannabis:
Perspectives, insights and real-world outcomes using medical cannabis A desire to drive peer-to-peer learning was the catalyst behind creation of our medical cannabis-focused publication. Using Medical Cannabis is meant to act as an education tool to provide current information and perspectives on the utilization of medical cannabis with discussions around the opportunities and challenges that exist.
Contributors include leaders in researching and prescribing medical cannabis from a wide range of health care specialities, including pain and mental health. Publication is supported by an educational grant from Tilray.
Volume 1, Issue 1
- Authorizing Cannabis for Medical Purposes
- From Grassroots to Industry
- Feature: Medical Cannabis, Driving and Work
- Cost Coverage of Medical Cannabis
- Using Vaporizers for Your Medical Cannabis Patients
Volume 1, Issue 2
- Feature: Monitoring and Titration: A Practical Tracking Guide to Treatment
- The Social Stigma of Medical Cannabis
- Nomenclature in Cannabinoid Medicine
- Medical Marijuana – Licensed Producers and Dispensaries: What’s the Difference and Why Is It Important?
- Prioritizing Patients’ Needs During Legalization
- Harm Reduction When Prescribing Cannabis
- Substituting Cannabis for Prescription Medication: A Review of “Medical Marijuana Laws Reduce Prescriptions Medication Use in Medicare Part D”
- The Patient Voice
Volume 1, Issue 3: Special Focus: Mental Health
- Medications for Insomnia: Where Does Cannabis Fit In?
- Nabilone: The Forgotten Cannabinoid
- Feature: Sleep Architecture, Insomnia and Non-Restorative Sleep: A Proposed Rationale for Treatment with Medical Cannabis
- Do Cannabis and Its Derivatives Have a Place in Improving Sleep and Certain CNS Conditions?
- Medical Cannabis and Mental Health: The State of the Research
- The Patient Voice
- Cannabis Research Corner
Volume 2, Issue 1
- Feature: The Positive Impact of Legalizing Medical Cannabis
- Potent Cannabis Products: A Primer for the Busy Physician
- What Are the Clinical Consequences of “the Munchies”?
- Occupational Health Concerns and Medical Cannabis
- Medical Cannabis: Are We Finally Coming Full Circle?
- Medical Cannabis and Alcohol-Related Outcomes: Public Health Impact of Medical Cannabis Legislation
- Medical Cannabis in a Post-Legalization Framework
- Cannabis Research Corner
Volume 2, Issue 2
- From Wounds to Palliative Care: A Discussion with Dr. Vincent Maida
- Cannabis and Alternate Delivery Routes: Rectal Suppositories
- What Can We Learn from the Literature on Vaporizers?
- Medical Cannabis Oils for Today’s Patient
- Medical Cannabis: Future Therapeutic Applications for Sexual Health and Pleasure
- Feature: Cannabis Edibles: Benefits, Harms, and Regulatory Challenges
- Medical Cannabis Vaporization: Policy, Patients and Public Health
- Cannabis Research Corner: Addressing the Opioid Crisis
Volume 2, Issue 3
- The Wellness Soldier: An Interview
- The Entourage Effect: A Real Phenomenon
- Endocannabinoids and Neuroprotection
- Feature: Cannabinoids, Terpenes and Flavinoids: What Are They and What Do They Do?
- Optimizing Patient Care: Medical Cannabis and Pharmaceutical Interactions Are Something to be Understood Rather than Feared
- Cannabis-based Medicines for Treating Epilepsy
- Cannabis Research Corner: Terpenes – A Quick Glance Beyond THC and CBD
Volume 3, Issue 1: The Patient Experience
- The Effect of Guidelines and Legalization on the Prescribing of Medical Cannabis in Canada
- Impaired Driving and Medical Cannabis: The Policy Background
- Implications of Bill C-46 for Medical Cannabis Users
- Occupation and Medical Cannabis: An Important Consideration
- Why Don’t Physicians Authorize Cannabis for their Patients?
- Feature: Medical Cannabis in the Trenches: Being Denied Access to Effective Medication – A Veteran’s Perspective
Volume 3, Issue 2
- Cannabis and Alcohol – What Do We Know?
- Feature: Cannabis, Substitution Patterns and Illicit Drug Use in Canada
- Cannabis as an Opioid-Sparing Agent
- Cannabis for the Elderly and Nursing Homes
- Cannabis as a Substitute for Alcohol and Tobacco
Volume 3, Issue 3
- Autism Spectrum Disorder, Endocannabinoid Dysregulation and Cannabinoids as Potential Therapy
- The Role of Cannabis for Patients Living with Cancer
- New Frontiers in the Treatment of Chronic Insomnia: A Role for Medical Cannabis in Optimizing Sleep/Wake Health
- Cannabis, Alcohol and Liver Health
- Feature: A Novel Therapeutic Approach to Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Cannabis and Travelling
- The Physician's Role in the Context of Legalization
- Veterans Access to Medical Cannabis
- Canadian Medical Association and Cannabis
- Feature: Ongoing Barriers to Accessing the ACMPR