Women in Cannabis
March 8 marks International Women's Day, a worldwide celebration of the achievements of women.
As our industry grows on a national and global scale, we look towards female leaders in cannabis who are making huge strides in cultivating successful and flourishing environments that shape and evolve the way we approach our business.
Through advocacy, education, research, and the sharing of their unique perspectives, women are empowering others and advancing our understanding, application, and acceptance of cannabinoid therapy.
As an industry leader, Tilray has a unique opportunity to build from the ground up and become a model for equality. Our priority is to seek out employees with a range of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
Tilray has been a pioneer in diversity throughout our organization, from our front line to our women-led board of directors (an industry first). Each team member is vital to producing clean, natural medical cannabis products at the GMP-certified quality level.
Our existing leadership team includes exemplary women overseeing some of the most important facets of our business:
- Guiding our company through strategic growth of our business – Dara Redler, General Counsel
- Overseeing global regulatory and medical affairs – Catherine Jacobson, VP Regulatory & Medical Affairs
- Building our brand portfolio – Adine Fabiani-Carter, CMO
- Leading the cultivation of cannabis across multiple facilities in two countries – Françoise Lévesque, Master Horticulturist
- and fostering and recruiting best-in-class talent on our rapidly growing team – Rita Seguin, EVP Human Resources
Today we celebrate all of the talented women of Tilray, what it means to work in cannabis, and what inspires our team each day.