There is nothing worse than having to rush around during the preparation of your big dinner worrying about last-minute side dishes.
With this super simple recipe, let the oven do the work. Turn the oven on, peel and chop sweets and squash, toss them in some oil and flavorings, and 25-35 minutes later, mash…it’s done ☺ The subtle flavours of the coconut will have your guests guessing what your “secret” ingredient is. Coconut sugar may be healthier for you compared to brown or white sugar, so you will feel great knowing the whole table is eating healthy. When you place this amazing dish on the table it is sure to bring the whole family running.
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 3 Sweet Potatoes (medium sized)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (learn how to infuse your own coconut oil here)*
- 2 Tbsp Butter (learn how to infuse your own butter here)*
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar (Use brown sugar if you can’t find coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch of Ground Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into medium dice, add to large bowl
- To prepare butternut squash:
- Cut off top and bottom
- Peel outside skin
- Cut squash in half
- With a spoon, core out the membranes with the seeds and discard
*Before you start cooking with cannabis extracts, always determine the dose that is appropriate for you and adjust the recipe as needed. As appropriate dosage varies from person to person, it is important to speak to your physician to find out what is right for you.