What could make a better end to Thanksgiving dinner than a classic butter tart? One of our patients has the answer to that question: Sativa Butter Tarts. Today’s recipe comes courtesy of the Spence family in Alberta. We love their take on this Canadian staple and we think you will, too. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Sativa Butter Tarts
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ dropper of Sativa Drops per tart shell*
- 12 pre-baked tart shells
- Combine all ingredients except Sativa Drops. Mix well.
- Put ½ a dropper (0.5 ml) of Sativa Drops in each tart shell.
- Fill tart shell ⅔ full with syrup mixture.**
- Bake on bottom rack in oven at 425°F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
* Before you start cooking with cannabis extracts, always determine the dose that is appropriate for you and adjust the recipe as needed. As appropriate dosage varies from person to person, it is important to speak to your physician to find out what is right for you.
Thanks again to the Spences for bringing this delicious recipe from their kitchen to yours! If you have a favourite recipe that you’d like to share with the Tilray community, email us at email@example.com and your recipe could be featured on our blog!