Chocolate Lava CBD Cakes
Makes 4 cakesIngredients
- 110 g unsalted butter, plus more for buttering the ramekins
- 115 g bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 60 g granulated sugar
- 3 ml Tilray CBD Drops (1:1 or 1:3+)
- 2 teaspoons flour, plus more for dusting the ramekins
- Preheat your oven to 450 F.
- Place the butter in a bowl and microwave it to melt it. Add the chocolate to the hot butter and stir until the chocolate melts.
- Crack 2 of the eggs into a bowl, and add the yolks from the other 2 (save the extra whites for another day). Add the sugar and the Tilray Drops and beat until light and thick, about 1 minute. Add the egg mixture and flour to the melted chocolate and beat until incorporated.
- Butter and lightly flour four 4-ounce molds or ramekins (make sure not to miss any spots, or the cakes will stick). Tap out the excess flour. Divide the batter among the molds. (At this point you can refrigerate them for up to 3 hours; just bring them back to room temperature before baking.)
- Put the ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until the cakes have puffed up a bit, the tops are barely set, about 7 to 9 minutes. The cakes should still jiggle slightly when shaken. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 1 minute.
- Put a plate on top of the ramekin and (with a potholder to protect your hand) carefully invert the cake onto the plate. Let it sit for 10 seconds, then lift up the ramekin. Enjoy immediately. Add a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. Some cherry or raspberry preserves also accompany this dessert well. Bon appétit!
*Before you start cooking with cannabis extracts, always determine the dose that is appropriate for you and adjust the recipe as needed. As appropriate dosage varies from person to person, it is important to speak to your physician to find out what is right for you.