Hummus is not only flavourful and full of healthful ingredients like olive oil and chick peas, it’s also easy to make and doesn’t even require turning on your stove!
This recipe offers the option of using either cannabis-infused olive oil (recipe here) or Tilray Drops. Should you choose to use Drops, the active cannabinoid content per serving of hummus will be approximately 10 mg*; potency using infused olive oil will vary based on the source material that was used to make it.
HummusMakes 8 servings
- 1-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 180 g tahini (sesame paste)
- 30 mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 80 mL fresh lemon juice
- 350 g drained canned chickpeas, (reserve the liquid)
- 6 tablespoons (or more) of chick pea liquid
- 5 mL Tilray Drops*
- Extra olive oil for serving (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the chick peas, reserved liquid, garlic, salt, tahini, lemon juice, and if using, Tilray Drops.
- With the food processor running, slowly pour in the olive oil, pureeing until the hummus is smooth. You may need to stop the machine a couple of times while pureeing to scrape down the sides.
- To serve, top with a drizzle of olive oil and cracked black pepper.
- Serve with toasted pita chips, baguette slices, raw vegetables or crackers.
If desired, we recommend adding a roasted red pepper to this recipe during the pureeing stage for a bit more flavour and colour. Other favourite add-ins to puree are beets, artichoke hearts, spinach or chili paste. Enjoy!
Do you have a favourite recipe that you’d like to share with the Tilray community? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and your recipe could be featured on our blog!