Meyer lemons make an ideal citrus for use in curd, a rich spread that goes well on scones or toast, or even mixed into Greek yogurt.
Meyer Lemon CurdMaterials
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 Meyer Lemons
- 4 ounces of cannabis butter (Learn how to make your own here)*
- 1 medium saucepan
- 1 medium metal bowl
- Fill the saucepan with about 1 inch of water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and then reduce the heat to low.
- Meanwhile, combine the egg yolks and the sugar in the bowl and whisk until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Zest the Meyer lemons and juice them. Add the juice and zest to the egg mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Place the bowl on top of the saucepan.
- Whisk the mixture until it thickens (around 8 minutes), or until the mixture becomes light yellow and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter one tablespoon at a time, allowing each addition to melt before adding the next.
- Store in a clean container and cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the curd.
Do you have a favourite recipe that you’d like to share with the Tilray community? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and your recipe could be featured on our blog!