Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Sea SaltMATERIALS
- 1 cup cannabis butter (melted) or cannabis oil*
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg and 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces dark (semi-sweet) or extra dark (bittersweet) chocolate, roughly chopped
- flake sea salt (We’re big fans of sea salt from our fellow islanders, Vancouver Island Salt Co, available across Canada)
- 2 cookie sheets
- parchment paper
- Use ingredients preferably at room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat the cannabis butter or oil, peanut butter, sugar and salt with an electric mixer. When a fluffy consistency is reached, beat in the egg yolk. When the egg yolk is well blended, add the large egg and the vanilla and continue beating until well combined.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour and beat only until doughy. Stir in the chocolate chunks and mix until well distributed.
- Divide the dough in half, and cover each half with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper. Remove the dough from refrigerator and divide into small balls by rolling in flour-covered hands. Ball size should be a little smaller than a golf ball. Place dough balls on parchment paper about 2 to 3 inches apart. Flatten dough balls to about 1/4 inch thick with hand or a flour-covered glass jar bottom. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake cookies until golden brown, usually about 7 to 9 minutes, rotating oven positions halfway through baking. After baking, remove cookies immediately to cooling rack and allow to cool.
Do you have a favourite recipe that you’d like to share with the Tilray community? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and your recipe could be featured on our blog!