This recipe also includes two methods that take a lot of the work our of preparing two items that often vex home cooks, Hollandaise sauce and poached eggs. We invite you to give this a try, and as always, let us know what you think. And to those of you who celebrate it, Happy Easter!
Smoked Salmon Eggs BenedictIngredients
- 4 English muffins, sliced and toasted
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives
- 250 grams of smoked salmon, thinly sliced
Poached eggs often strike fear into the hearts of home cooks. This procedure makes them a breeze. We skip the usual vinegar or salt in the water, as we get better results without them.
- 8 fresh eggs
- 4 ramekins
- Large Dutch oven
- Place the ramekins in the bottom of a Dutch oven. Fill with enough water to cover the tops of the ramekins by about 2 to 3 cm.
- Place the pot on the stove and bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce the heat to low.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl. Gently tip the egg from bowl into one of the ramekins. Repeat for the remaining ramekins.
- After three to four minutes, remove the eggs in the order they were added to the water using a slotted spoon. Place in a deep bowl of lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process for the remaining 4 eggs.
Most Hollandaise sauce recipes require a great deal of time and work. This recipe uses a hand blender, making this quick and easy.
- 200 g cannabutter (Learn how to make your own cannabis butter here.)*
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp. cold water
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over high heat, stirring constantly to make sure it does not burn. Remove from heat.
- Combine the egg yolks, water, lemon juice and a pinch of salt in a container just wide enough to fit the end of a hand blender.
- Place the hand blender into the bottom of the container and begin blending. With the blender running, pour in the butter in a steady stream. The heat from the melted butter will cook the egg yolks and produce a creamy sauce.
- Once pureed, taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Distribute the toasted English muffin halves on 4 plates. Top with smoked salmon.
- Put one poached egg on each muffin half. Top with the Hollandaise sauce.
- Sprinkle the chives over the stacks.
Do you have a favourite recipe that you’d like to share with the Tilray community? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and your recipe could be featured on our blog!