- Roughly 14 grams of ground, dried medical cannabis flowers, such as Tilray House Blends
- 1 litre extra-virgin olive oil , vegetable oil or coconut oil
- Slow cooker
- Place the cannabis into the slow cooker add the oil. If using coconut oil, melt the oil by itself in the slow cooker and then add the cannabis.
- Cook using the high setting for 2 hours, and then turn down to low for an additional 3.5 hours.
- Allow the oil to cool to room temperature. If using coconut oil, allow to cool but not to solidify.
- Strain the oil through cheesecloth. Store at room temperature in a lightproof jar or container for up to 3 months.
- Drizzle infused extra-virgin olive oil over salads or roasted vegetables.
- Try using infused vegetable oil in your favourite carrot cake recipe.
- Use infused coconut oil the next time you’re making Indian or Thai curry.
*Before you start cooking with cannabis extracts, always determine the dose that is appropriate for you and adjust the recipe as needed. As appropriate dosage varies from person to person, it is important to speak to your physician to find out what is right for you.