Everything is moving faster and farther. Highlights of the past year include:
- Building a team of professionals aiding the progress of research, laws and applied treatment of medical cannabis around the world.
- Becoming North America’s first and only medical cannabis production facility to achieve Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certification, which assures our processes and products meet the same standards as mainstream pharmaceutical developers.
- Launching the largest Canadian medical cannabis clinical trial in over 40 years, teaming with the University of British Columbia in studying the effects of vaporized cannabis in the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Collaborating with Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children in a study of medical cannabis extracts in the treatment of pediatric epilepsy, and with the University of Sydney and the government of New South Wales (Australia) examining the effectiveness of medical cannabis extracts in alleviating the side effects of cancer treatments.
- As part of our ongoing push toward broader insurance coverage for medical cannabis, we built the VAC Bridge Program to cover the cost of orders by veterans that qualify for VAC reimbursement until their federal coverage begins.